Startup CFO sharing Risk and Success with you
As your Startup CFO, we increase the Value of your Business with a data-driven and measurable Approach
Startupmetrics works as your interim CFO and sparring partner, in which we provide the frameworks, concepts, and analytical tools that define and enhance the value of your startup and spin-off with a data-driven and measurable approach. Through our past experience and expertise in investment analysis, we can quickly identify the key value drivers of your business and support you in optimizing them. We are as committed as you are and only charge you in proportion to our mutual success.
- Assessing your market and company from an investor's perspective
- Refining your strategy and business model by identifying and selecting attractive markets
- Generating business intelligence by measuring market activities and operations
- Creating a convincing business case to bootstrap or present in front of investors
See what our Clients say about us
Pascal took the time for us and gave us valuable feedback on our pitch and startup. I definitely recommend him!
Gert Van Avondt
After attending one of his webinars about how to convince investors, I had the chance to speak one-on-one with Pascal where he proved to be good listener and provided some practical advice and tips. His feedback on the investor pitch deck was quick yet detailed and to the point. I can warmly recommend his services.
Pascal is dedicated, experienced and trustworthy! I highly recommend to work with him.
Excellent service and professionalism. Strongly recommend.
How we do it
Increase the Chances that you get Funded at a Fair Valuation
- Analyze industry & market
- Assess selected strategy & business model
- Evaluate product & service
- Measure & benchmark operations
- Analyze financials
- Assess team
- Check legal status
- Refine strategy & business model
- Adapt product & service roadmap
- Optimize operations
- Improve financial tools and forecast
- Assist team building
- Improve legal situation
- Draft and define investor profile
- Create long-list of potential investors
- Enhance pitch deck and investor proposal
- Perform pitch training
- Prepare tools to manage investor communication
- Contact investors
- Manage information flow
- Organize and perform pitches
- Provide company updates
- Defend business plan & valuation
- Create competition among investors
- Agree on terms with a lead investor and pass due diligence
- Finalize legal documents
- Sign legally binding documents
- Ensure exchange of funds and shares
Track and measurably improve the Performance of your Startup
- Define or refine top-level strategy and vision
- Set scope and strategic objectives
- Determine project and reporting resources
-> Project plan
- Define SMART KPIs for each objective
- Specify required data and sources
- Draft internal processes
-> Draft of KPI-system and its processes
- Access internal and external data sources
- Develop reporting processes
- Create reporting templates
-> Ready to install KPI-system
- Install and optimize processes for data collection and report creation
- Establish reporting routines
-> Standardized KPI-system and reporting processes
5) Monitoring & Reporting
- Track and manage performance
- Compare with benchmarks and your objectives
- Review and adjust goals
- Celebrate and reward achievements
-> Make informed decisions and grow faster
Estimate the Fair Value of your Startup and Spin-off
1) Discounted Cash Flow
- Takes your business plan, past performance and financial projections as a basis
- Reflects performance and expense-ratios of similar companies
- Allows sensitivity and scenario analysis
-> Discounted cash flow valuation
2) Market Approach
- Reflects prices paid by investors in similar transactions
- Allows valuation of pre-revenue startups
- Enables relative valuations for startups generating revenue and/or profit
-> Market valuation
3) Due Diligence
- A thorough assessment of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of
- business model
- IP and legal rights
->Verification of asked pre-money valuation considering associated risks
Startupmetrics works for several emerging Swiss Startups, Spin-Offs & Businesses
Startupmetrics is currently supporting Swiss startups, spin-offs and businesses in the area of,
- Digital Health
- SaaS - high touch
- ICT logistics
How we support Startups, Spin-offs and Businesses
- We help these companies to refine their strategy and market positioning, improve product-market fit, implement an intelligent and semi-automatized KPI system, set clear and achievable goals, identify investor profiles and match these startups with suitable investors.
- We support various startups & teams with pitch deck assessments and content creation related to our offered services.
- We conduct startup valuation & due diligence for venture funds such as 21Celsius Ventures.
- We perform startup and spin-off valuations, e.g. of a leading Swiss telemedicine startup.
- We build financial models for several startups and spin-offs.
- We create several reporting and documentations for investors and board meetings.
- We are at the full disposal of Swiss startups, spin-offs & businesses with all our heart, all our sweat and all our knowledge.